I came across this awesome video where Asheville, NC, rapper Thomas Littlejohn lays out some easy tips to going green in your home in a fresh, funky way. As Littlejohn says “you can live wherever but always live better so turn out the lights and save some cheese.” All of these items are on my 2014 New Year’s resolution list (maybe I’ll wait until the weather warms up for tip No. 4).
Here are the top 10 tips from Littlejohn and Go! (Green Opportunities), a non-profit organization in Asheville, NC:
- Turn off the lights in occupied rooms
- Replace incandescents with fluorescents
- Adjust that thermostat when you’re away or when you sleep (by 10 degrees)
- Dry clothes outside
- Pull your charger out of the wall when your phone don’t need no juice
- Wash a full load of laundry but keep the water cool
- Take shorter showers and it will shorten up your dues
- Don’t leave the oven empty when you pre-heat
- Put your water heater on 120 homie
- Put shade trees on the south and west sides of your house
The post Green Energy Savings Tips to Consider for New Year’s Resolutions appeared first on Coldwell Banker Blue Matter.
Via: Blue Matter