Existing-home sales for January 2015 were higher than January 2014, which represents the fourth straight month of year-over-year growth, according to the National Association of Realtors January Existing-Home Sales Report.
These year-over-year gains occurred despite a drop in total existing home-sales from December 2014 (4.82 million) to January 2015 (6.07 million). Inventory tends to be lower in the winter, so some buyers may be waiting until spring home buying season when the snow is thawed and more homes are on the market.
Prices continue to rise, which is a positive indicator for stronger buyer demand. The median national existing-home price in January was $199,600, marking the 35th consecutive month of year-over-year price gains.
Below is the region by region price comparison of median home prices. As you usher in spring, start looking at new places you could see yourself living and check out these listings from around the country!
- Northeast median sales price: $247,800
- 4927 Stony Ridge Rd Campbell, New York 14821
- $300,000 for a 5 bedroom, 3 bath home (2,457 sq. ft.)
- Midwest median sales price: $151,300
- 492 Thackeray Trl Cleveland, OH 44143
- $154,900 for a 4 bedroom, 2+ bath home (2,170 sq. ft.)
- South median sales price: $171,900
- 5712 NW 115th Oklahoma City, OK 73162
- $179,900 for a 4 bedroom, 3 bath home (2,260 sq. ft.)
The post January Existing-Home Sales Top January 2014 Sales appeared first on Coldwell Banker Blue Matter.
Via:: Tips of the Day